Starting week of JUNE 8. OPEN TUES and THURS 9-3, SATURDAY 9-5
The Flint Farmers’ Market is prepared to welcome customers back inside. Beginning June 9, the market will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 am to 3 pm (in July this will extend to 5 pm) and Saturdays 9 am to 5 pm. About 75% of the vendors will be opening all three days. All open vendors will have CDC guidelines in place. Additional vendors are planning to open by July. The inside of the market closed to the public on March 28, 2020 due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Below are some of the changes that customers will experience when shopping:
- Customers will be asked to wear a mask or face covering upon entering the market to shop. Grocery workers are among the highest risk category for exposure to Covid – 19, therefore the market is taking all reasonable precautions to protect market workers.
- Customers will be allowed in the market through one door and will exit through another designated door, so that management can keep track of the number of people inside the market at any given time.
- All vendors will be wearing masks and gloves as required by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Genesee County Health Department. Vendors will follow ALL rules set forth for safe food preparation and handling. Some vendors will also have plexiglass shields on counters.
- Samples will not be allowed.
- There will be LIMITED public seating available.
- All restrooms will be closed for 5 minutes at the top of each hour so that market cleaning staff can sanitize the area.
- Customers will find Purell touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the market as well as Clorox Wipe dispensers so that they can clean their hands or wipe off product as needed while shopping.
“We are so thankful to the community and to our customers for supporting our small businesses during this shut down! Our trial run on Tuesday June 2, went very well. Based on that experience and the Governor’s further ease of restrictions for food-based businesses, we are ready to fully re-open!” said Karianne Martus, Market Manager.
The market will continue the online ordering – curbside pick-up/delivery service on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-6 pm. If customers still wish to utilize curbside pick-up or delivery they can order online at https://ffmtogo.square.site/ For Tuesday curbside pick-up/delivery, customers order on Sundays 8 am to 4 pm and for Thursday curbside pick-up/delivery, they can order on Tuesdays 8 am to 4 pm.
The outside pavilion will be open with social distancing guidelines in place as a GROWERS’ ONLY MARKET on Tuesdays 10 am to 2 pm and then as the traditional public market on Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
For more information customers can go to the market website www.flintfarmersmarket.com or social media pages.